Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Second Trip to Watkins Glen, NY

With the bright sun in these photos, it is hard to believe that we got "stuck" in a thunderstorm for about 40 minutes. My sister, nephew and I went for a hike through the glen while she was visiting here from out of state. It was really a beautiful day - until the very end of our walk. We ended up "hiding" under an old, dilapidated garage's eave from the storm.


This nest was tucked up underneath a ledge along the trail. I happened to see the momma bird fly out from under the ledge as we approached. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the eggs in the nest were still undisturbed by tourists. If you click on the picture, it will enlarge enough to see one of the eggs. I love this picture!



This chipmunk was captured just by chance - the little critter was running around so quickly, it was hard to get it in focus. Which is why this shot has some blur. My nephew loved seeing the chipmunk - he called him "Alvin."



This part of the trail at the glen was blocked off for repairs in the spring when my daughter and I went for our hike. It is the only part of the trail that you can access the water and "get your feet wet."

No comments: